Greetings to EveryBODY,
Tomorrow's a holiday, so I'm sending next week's calendar out a bit early. Here's the calendar link: weekly events November 11-November 18.pdf
You'll notice that holiday bazaars and celebrations are starting to pop up to spread holiday cheer (and chances to buy locally made gifts and goodies). Here are some highlights from this week's calendar:
- Saturday, November 11, check out over two dozen booths at the Holiday Bazaar at Faith Lutheran Church.
- Sunday, head over to Homer High School at 2 pm to join a very special event: the worldwide “Dance for Kindness." I'll be there representing TRAILS and Homer and Alaska and helping spread the message "...to look beyond ourselves… beyond our countries, cultures, races and religions and recognize that we are all citizens of the world and that kindness is the common thread that unites us all." It'd be great to have other TRAILERS there too. For more information, check out this link: https://www.cityofhomer-ak.gov/recreation/dance-kindness-sunday-november-12th.
- Tuesday evening at Homer Library, enjoy a free performance by the Homer Youth String Orchestra Club. You'll also see a beautiful video called Blue Ice, which shows HYSOC hiking to Glacier Lake with their instruments and playing on the lakeshore to an audience of icebergs. If you can't make the performance, here's a link to the wonderful video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIM8mt8VChM.
- This Saturday and next Saturday are the last two free movies at I&O about WWII in the Aleutians--the Aleutians were the only part of the US to be invaded during WWII.
- Finally, you could finish off the week with a story-telling “Tellabration,” a global celebration of STORIES! A couple of great storytellers will entertain you and your family at the Homer Library.
Happy TRAILS EveryBODY!